This is probably one of the craziest things I've ever seen.When we first bought our house 10 years ago, there was an incredibly overgrown Texas previt in the side garden that towered above the second story roof line (they're supposed to be hedges). We took the previt out around year 2, but the trunk and root were so large it defied stump grinding, and the plant was so obnoxious it literally poisoned the soil and robbed all the nutrients.
Our neighbors bought a house down the street, and the front yard was dirt. Linley put in a selection of seeds including European and California poppies. Each year his garden erupts in hip-high, fancy European poppies. Diane sprinkled some seeds in our bed, and they came up.
Although I sowed some designer poppies a few years ago (blood red, yellow, and butter), I have never seen a pink, frilled California poppy. I swear it is a cross between the two. Imagine my surprise when I found this in the garden!
No comments:
Post a Comment