Mine languished in a pot for almost 2 years while I struggled with poisonous plants and a very active, orally-fixated toddler. One day I did a search online, and after 2 hours, realized most plants that we don't cultivate for food are poisonous. Unfortunately, that didn't stop three high school students from munching on flowers at People's Park in 2003 after a local told them it would get them high. Everyone survived, but two were admitted to the hospital.
The Angel's Trumpet did not like the frost; we had to severely prune - but it's back and blooming! Brugmansia tends to look really crappy before a bloom, but fills with leaf after. I get about 3 or 4 blooms a year.
There are massive, wild, white ones dotting the Hayward and San Leandro hills. The botanical garden had a beautiful deep red native in the South America section, but I think it didn't fare the winter well either...
No comments:
Post a Comment