Having just begun pulling antique impatiens in earnest, yet being bereft of appropriate photographic images due to a multiplicity of factors, I find myself still in need to share the fact that Fall is Here.
Aside from the fact that it smells like Fall, I had a strong need to cut back the Salvia Hot Lips hard. Then I spied leaves shed from the tree above Janet's house in my small pocket garden and gathering along the wall. Today was so cold, I turned on the heater (not that we don't have plenty of time for Indian Summer).
And just now, I pulled an entire bank of antiques impatiens as they are done for the year, all shriveled and yellowing with hardly a bloom. The bed is so stark without them; I forget what it looks like and then suffer surprise, only to remind myself - This is the way of the seasons. Many plants and critters awaken in spring to die or fall asleep in fall.
No comments:
Post a Comment